First Beer of the Blog

I'll start with an apology. My love (well after my wife, children, family, movies, ahh what the heck) is for beer, not writing. So the odd tpyo will occur an it may happen two many times, so I'm sorry. Siddie will curse, moan, complain and tell me where I've gone wrong, but it happens, that's just me.

After a long day at work (they all feel like that at the moment) we agreed to go get a pint. I'd like to say we went the local, but we didn't, we went to the convenient. Worthingtons Red Shield was the ale of choice. Now we have discussed this before, Siddie and I, and we agreed we should have different ales, then compare notes so we can decide which is better, then make that the second pint, however today we both hit the Red.

The beer quite light in colour (not surprising considering it said it was blonde on the pump) was just a little too cold for my liking and in my view improved over the course of the pint. It had a strange 'fizziness' on the tongue, but wasn't gassy, this also dissipated over time. The flavour definitely isn't hoppy, and to be truthful I couldn't put my finger on it, a bit beery, fruity, fizzy, and pleasant. Now had the bar had less ales (it had 5) I'd have been happy to drink it all night (had it not been late afternoon), but with other goodies on offer, I think I'd have tried the others - for another blog I think.

I will rate it, however, I'm also conscious that come tomorrow without having another one (maybe that's the idea) the score may be different. I'd give it a 5 out if 10, unremarkable, drinkable, not hoppy, beer.

Comments