I Wander Lonely as a Cloud

Normally I don't know what to say before I type it, but today, I've readied this in advance. The reason, today is the third anniversary of my fathers passing, and I already know what I'm doing for lunch.

Today is a trip to HMS Belfast moored along the Thames in central London, for a few quiet moments of contemplation, then a trip over the road to a favourite pub my dad and the old boys from the ship would attend.

In a solemn note to anyone who may stumble upon the ramblings of a 'beer monster', it is so true that you really don't know what you are missing till it has gone.

And so we move onto the beer, my father a follower of the nectar of life would have wanted it this way. So today I have drunk a pint of Flying Scotsman by Caledonian brewery. At 4% an average strength ale. It has a lovely brown colour and a sweet smell. You can definitely taste caramel with a slight hint of bitter. Not great but definitely drinkable a 5 out of 10.

Comments