Vodka or TEA?

Following Siddies late night train, oh the poor soul, and later post, I was wondering what to say, the miserable old .....

Today, yet again, the weather has been dominating my thoughts. Next week is the anniversary if my father 'crossing the bar' (passed away in navy terms), and my sister and family are in London so we can go to HMS Belfast (upon which he served) to remember him.

Because this is a away-day to the big smoke for my country bumpkin sister, we are making a trip of it, and I'd rather be dragging my 2 little ladies round London in dry weather than in wet. So having just gone through the summer solstice, in the middle of the summer, we are still getting windy and wet weather - much to my disappointment.

So as I walk to work, pondering why the weather is such a damp squib, I happen upon a rather ordinary person, not to speak to, as this is London and we don't speak to strangers (quite why I talk to Siddie, I don't know, he's the strangest of the lot). This man, for ease I'll call him Charlie, was outside his office drinking tea and having a cigarette. Most unremarkable at 09:10 in the morning. So quite why I took interest I don't know. Charlie was not a city gent, as he was not suited and booted, he also wasn't homeless, they drink out of paper cups and cans of strong cider, Charlie is a normal run of the mill type of chap, until, he produces a bottle of vodka and tops up his tea. At 09:10 in the morning this seems strange to me, and what a way to ruin a decent cuppa.

Now TEA (by the Hoggs Back Brewery) is one of my favourite beers, and the pub today had a brew by the same brewer, Spring Ale, we have to try this as it is going to be a hit like all their other beers.

It is a light in colour ale with a good nose, drinking it has a strong beer flavour, for it's 4% strength it tastes much stronger. As I make my way down the pint, I am again, for its full on flavour, finding this quite hard to drink. I'm going to rate this as a 4, and how disappointed from my favourite brewer.

Comments