Milkshake

Welcome to Heath, it's good to have another real ale drinker on board, even if Fosters was his first post - I remember making a post about red wine at one point. However Heath has recently started to drink milkshakes, or at least that's what they look like. A great big glass of some protein drink, apparently no milk whatsoever.

So while Siddie and I strengthen our arms, and our debating skills. Heath is off drinking milkshake and apparently working out in the gym.

So today we had a 4.8% Red River ale by WJ King. This ruby red drink at first hit me with a sugary taste. Siddie told me how wrong I was, and I confused the strength of the ale with sweetness (nice to see he tells us it tastes of caramel). It is a very strong tasting beer, with a hint of sugary caramel. A very nice beer to finish the evening with, but not a session drink. I'd mark this as a 6 out of 10.

Of course Heath will mark his milkshake at some point, or maybe a glass of Stella or Carling, we will have to wait and see.

Comments