Olympic Parade

Following a successful 2 months, London supported our Olympic competitors, all of which (in my view) are winners, as I would not be able to compete in anything as fantastic as a world event.

Siddie, Garth and I were part of the crowd lining the street near St Paul's Cathedral, where we watched the parade go by, starting with a Chinese type dragon.



After the dragon, there was a band, and then the parade of lorries with the athletes, I took some rather basic photo's which my phone, and here is the first lorry which included Jessica Ennis.




After which we thought we should continue the celebration at a local to the parade, not anywhere near where we would normally go. Now normally this confuses the heck out of us, as there is a lot to think about, does it sell real ales, does it look busy, is it full of tourists, how far is it from the station, and other relevant questions. However today Garth knew a good bar, as his better half (if you knew Garth then it is definitely his better half) runs the bar.

So we head into the local (to where we were) and had a pint of Pride, by Fullers Brewery at 4.1%. Now I have some bad experience of London Pride, but today this was a lovely pint (not overly hoppy, and actually not too much flavour but for today this was just right), and as the name suggests, I was full of London Pride, and by the time we left I well and truly was.

I also know Siddie was full of pride, as he had a bit of a wobble when he left work. Ahhh bless him.

Comments