I Don't Like Mondays

Surprisingly Siddie was in the office today, obviously no decorating at home to be done. Given Siddie is the boss, you'd think that he'd be organised. But no lunch at 12:30, then 12:15 and then now, what is going on!

When we finally get to the pub, not our usual, but one with good food. Heath is tucking in to a good quality glass of cola and playing connect 4, how cute, my daughter would love this. He regales some tale of drinking beer at the weekend, London Pride, Guinness and a real ale, none of which have made the blog. Well done Heath.

Mr Windy is with us, contemplating which beer he should have. This is (what I would call) a posh bar, they have table service. So Mr Windy, orders a beer, the bar man returns, as they have run out. This repeats a couple of times until he hits upon one they actually have (he should have stuck with Guinness).

Siddie is scouting for a real ale, no chance here, the food is good, but the real ale choice is poor. He has a bottle of Old Speckled Hen. Now I would normally like this ale, just a tad strong, but full flavoured. But bottled ale isn't to my taste too cold and too fizzy.

I do what I normally do in a bar like this, and have a lager, in this case San Miguel. As we don't make the bar, I have no idea of the strength, but it's like any other lager - cold and fizzy.

Oh well, lets make it a real one tomorrow.

Comments