And the Sun is Out

So here in jolly old London, the sun is out today. This is a bit of a dilemma for me, as I want to make the most of it and sit in the sunshine with a pint, but all the 'locals' near use either have rubbish gardens or rubbish beer. So what to do in our lunchtime. Is it sit by the main road in a guaranteed outside seat, by the busy road (and watch the ladies go by), but with a pint of not very good ale - or lager ?
Or go to the good real ale bar and sit in their 'garden' by the railway and in the shade?

So whilst working (yes I was) I ponder the thoughts of a lazy lunchtime, just where?

As lunch approaches, what happens but a deluge of work, and suddenly all my pre-lunchtime thinking is going to waste. Siddie and I both have
meetings and they are rapidly approaching. So sitting in the sun is now no longer an option, this is 'get a quick one', and straight back to work (so the choice is now easy real ale and inside, so no sun today).

Today we had a O'Hanlons Flagship IPA. For an IPA it's quite dark in color, and as usual our local has produced a sparklingly clear ale. The taste was smokey with caramel and a deep bitter flavour. As I start in the pint, I'm thinking this is okay, and could drink several in a night. But as it progresses I'm finding all those strong tastes are attacking my senses. This one isn't really for me, so given yesterday's beer was a 5, this is less, so I'd make a 4 out of 10, on the basis I'll probably only drink it again if there is only time for one, as it really does hit the taste buds and as such would ruin the next pint.

Comments