One day to go

It's just one day to go until we visit Sambrook's Brewery in south London, home of beers such as Wandle and Junction. Addie and I, as well as several other gang members, are all excited. It's fair to say we're very much looking forward to it. Watch this space, and I'll blog all about it for your reading pleasure.

Meanwhile, Addie and I had almost no time for a quick livener today due to various work pressures and deadlines, so as a matter of principal we snuck out anyway, opting for the hostelry which is, as the crow flies (or our ageing feet walk) closest to our office. We don't usually go there as it has a more limited set of fairly well-known commercial ales (albeit well cared-for and pleasant), although Woodforde's Wherry has appeared since my last visit.

I gave it a try. Perfectly pleasant and drinkable, and easygoing at a comfortable 3.8%. Not too bad, if a little unspectacular. I'll give it a six out of ten.

From the pub window, Addie and I watched briefly while a team of workmen were repairing the road (and the landlady bemoaned the effect on her trade). I wonder if we'll get steamrollered tomorrow?

Comments